Quick Hitchhiker ID please

maveri9720

Market
Reaction score
Hey all, just need a quick ID on these guys that came with some zoo's I just received.

Thanks.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
22273=1482-Hitchhikers 1.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
22273=1482-Hitchhikers 1.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Hitchhikers 1.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
22273=1483-Hitchhikers 2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
22273=1483-Hitchhikers 2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Hitchhikers 2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Definatly Bristle worms they are fine when they are small. Dont worry about them. They are most likely everywhere in your tank and you just don't know it.

yup, Stroid had some similar small, red bristle worms. Nothing to be alarmed about from what I read. :cheers:

Ughhh, disgusting looking things.

Why can't they look cooler?

I know they help out and all, but do they have to look so ugly doing it?

BTW, thanks for the quick ID all, much appreciated.

Briefly thought they might be the Fire type, but I've never seen either in person, so I just wanted to verify.

Thanks again.

ReeferDawg wrote: yup, Stroid had some similar small, red bristle worms. Nothing to be alarmed about from what I read. :cheers:

absolutely, one of the better and more efficient detrius eaters in our tanks, there are only a few (comparatively rare) types of bristleworms that we need to fear...

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_marine_depot_educational_newsletter_articles_shimek_oh_those_horrible_worms_2.asp?CartId=">some info on b. worms</a>

hth,

Matt

Yeah when they are big and well "ugly" and are drilling holes through your corals then they are bad.

Back