Quick RO/DI question

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I had this unit for some time now, and i always wonder... Why the water flow so quick? It is rated at 50gpd, but i think it's more like 50gph. I had been this way since i bought it, and after i changed the filter, it still flow like this. Its the coralife one. The blue line flows like a monster, and red one just drips reallly really fast. Is the red one the clean line instead??????

I have the same one and had the same problem. You have to "re-seat" the membrane a couple times. It is a pain, apparently I have heard of this before so I think Coralife shuld just make it work in the firsts place!

wow, i am forever in your debt. Now it flows like IV but i know it's working. Since this been boing on ur a while, you think the water in my tank is really that bad?

I didn't really understand your post? You say it is working now? Well I don't think you need to go about any massive water changes just go along with the regular water change schedual you have been and eventually it will all be RO/DI water.

Sorry, I just got back from fixing the RO/DI unit outside, and my hands are almost frozen when typing that reply. But I've already adjusted the membrain, and it flows extremelly slow now (normal). So thanks, or I would have gone and bought a new one.

It will flow even slower if it is outside because of the cold. RO units perform slower in colder temps.

Back