Quietone 5ooo return pump

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Quietone 5000. Anyone using one of these pumps.Was thinking of using one on my 180 with 2 overflows.After 4 ft of head, it will give about 550 gph to each overflow.Total of 1100 gph.

I have a Quiteone 5000 on my 125g, it is conected to a 1" SCWD so I have a wave maker. I also have 2 mp40 on about half speed. We have 3 more tanks done with the Q 4000and plan on doing a 60 cube in the future to replace a small all in one tank. Holley:D

I used a QO4000 on my 93 cube and loved that pump!!! It was one return but I put a "Y" on the loc-line to give it an additional output. Low heat, low noise, highly reliable, inexpensive as pumps go and parts readily available.....can't beat it.

Well , as I was getting ready to place my order, I noticed the 6000 was only $4.00 more.It puts out 1664 gph.Its the same demention as the 5000.I can always devert what i can't run through the DT. So i ordered the 6000

I had a Quiteone 3000 on my 45 and just bought the Quite one 4000 for my 75 to replace the "Heat Hog" mag 9.5.
It was a good pump the first time around.

Good to here.Did a little research and found more positive then negative. Ithe negative was the older model i think.But thanks for the comments.Need the insurance. I dont get to new equipment very often, and want it to be a good choice.

If your buying a new pump, I would recommend a dc variant. I swapped from a mag24 to a jabeo dc12000 and love it. I believe they have a smaller variant. The slow run up at beginning is awesome plus its super. Definitely worth the investment.

Back