Quietone 6000

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
After 6 months sitting in the box,was forced to hook up quiteone 6000 for a return pump.It pumps water.But the company needs to change the name to the LOUDONE 6000.Its not quite. Its sitting on a silicone mat.And is loud.

That's odd. I ran one for two years without a hitch and it was pretty darn quiet as submersible pumps go. Never had a problem with it in those two years. The only time it rattled, it was a bad impeller. Replaced that a right back to work it went.

Its new,keep in mind,this one is rated 1865 gph.Maybe thats why.

Dose it have a break in period, where after a little time and it get less noisy

I use a 3000 for my return. It has been rock solid for 3 years and more quite than my MP10.

SleepyReef;1024040 wrote: I use a 3000 for my return. It has been rock solid for 3 years and more quite than my MP10.

Used a 3000 and it was quite and I've been running a 6000 for 6 months and CANT HEAR IT over my skimmer, overflow, vortech...

Call CS, thats not the norm, trust me!

Camellia;1024041 wrote: Used a 3000 model d it was quite and I've been running a 6000 for 6 months and CANT HEAR IT over my skimmer, overflow, vortech...

Call CS, thats not the norm, trust me!

How old is your 6000.Is it the newer model .

Yes, it's only 6 months old.

Do you think it's vibrating? I've got black filter sponge squished securely under it to hold it in place.
You could also try adjusting the flow a few times to loosen it up.
It should be quite!

I'm running a 5000 and can't hear a thing. The only time I hear something, is when the pre-filter (before the intake) get clogged up and dirty and will make an awful sound. It's usually right after I've cleaned my sump and stirred up the water. Nonetheless, it's been a solid pump for me.

We're running 3-4000's and 1-5000, just took down one tank with a 4000. Some have been in service for at least 4-5 years, no problems yet.

Thanks ,Got pad under it.Tried ajustment onflow.Its to loud at lowest flow.Something not right.Its new out of the box.Took cover off, looked at impeller, Everything looked ok.Tust me, Its very loud.

Fishlips;1024093 wrote: Thanks ,Got pad under it.Tried ajustment onflow.Its to loud at lowest flow.Something not right.Its new out of the box.Took cover off, looked at impeller, Everything looked ok.Tust me, Its very loud.

I'd call that one in to their customer service. You might have a bad impeller. Even though it looks good, it could be out of balance, the magnetism could be off...a number of things including a bad shaft. It is just not the norm for their pumps.

Its a defective pump or impeller. I got to run it till i get a nother pump.This was my back up pump.Will it be ok till monday.
Running it loud.

Fishlips;1024124 wrote: Its a defective pump or impeller. I got to run it till i get a nother pump.This was my back up pump.Will it be ok till monday.
Running it loud.

There's no way to know because we don't know the exact cause. It could seize up or it could run that way for months.

This is bad on my part.Right out of the box its bad.Bought it 10/31/14 Just now needed it.I don't think they will do anything to help me.There is 3 yr on motor, 60 day on impeller. How do i know whats bad.At this point,I need a pump quick.I dont know what pump to buy if i had to.

If it were me, I'd go for he impeller. I've never had a bad motor in a Quiet One. Maybe somebody has an impeller or a spare pump to loan you to figure it out. I used to have spares but not anymore.

Thanks,if someone has one.A impeller for the 5000 or the 6000 will work.

Thanks,I found one for 27.00 shipped,But,it will take afew days to get here.

Back