R.I.P Mr. Watermelon Head

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
My 6 line wrasse did the big leap. Found him on the floor tonight. My first jumper from my tank. He missed the cross bracing, lights, and reflectors. It sucks, I had him for over 2 years. He survived the tank switch, and was always the fish that first welcomed the newcomer. So much character, twisting and turning in front of the glass, pestering the maroon clown. You will be missed Mr. Watermelon Head.

That bites! sorry to hear about it. I lost my Midas Blenny to the carpet awhile back and I still miss seeing him in my tank.

aww man!!! it must be in the air.....found my firefish behind my tank the other day :(

I wish i'd find my Talibot's behind my tank.......hummm.......anyway, that sucks!

<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman';">I found my diamond goby behind the tank the other day. He jumped over even thought; I have an egg crate covering all the small holes. </span></span>

Bummer Glen. Sorry for your loss man.

I guess I am just rolling the dice with my set up. Its completly open.So far so good, but I am sure its just a matter of time.I dont have a canopy for the lighting. Just a raised T-5 fixture. It nearly completly covers the top, but the front and sides are exposed to jumpers. I have a glass cover but it seems to reduce the lighting too much. Egg crate casts a shadow as well.

I have heard here before where someone uses a screen of somekind over their tank.

Whats the best thing to use without retarding the light???
Guess I should build that canopy.

Chris,
Don't know if this will work for you but I have a TEK light that also is made to hang so I built an open top canopy that is basically encolsing the top of my 55G up about 12". Accomplished two things , it discourages carpet surfing and it holds the fixture. It can be a bit of pita when doing maintenance though.
Bob

I have a chiller, so I leave the glass top on, it's great, the evaporation has been greatly reduced!

Ramone, I'm sad to hear about Mr. Watermelonhead... my first jumper was a 6-line as well.

Back