R.i.p.

chymos45

Market
Reaction score
Morbid title, I know, but what do folks do with their unfortunate losses (fish and otherwise)?
I am sure the majority will say flush, but I believe a more responsible action would be to place the deceased in a bag and place in your freezer until there is a convenient time to make a trip to your local vet's office. From there, they will be included in a group cremation, eliminating potential contamination of local ecosystems.
Yes, I know that flushing eventually leads to the local water treatment plant where the potential pathogens are theoretically destroyed, but there is a potential for leaks anywhere along the way.
Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Sorry man I just got up too early this morning and that's almost as bad as staying up too late. I'm just full of it right now. I do like the idea of the mass cremation thing though

Do not flush triggers. I did mine and he got stuck in the drain line. Had to buy a snake (plumbing tool), to get him broke loose.

Unless your fish died from something contageous like the swine flu, nothng wrong with sending it out with your garbage to the local landfil, burying it in the yard and/or compost bin or flushing it if it's a not-so-large fish.

I freeze mine and put them under a new plant. My yellow watchman goby is under a fig tree, sixline wrasse is under a blueberry bush and my potters angel is under a rose bush. Good for the plants and i feel better about loosing a small friend.

Not bad. New life for an old friend. Never though of this idea. Well done.

Back