Radion G3 Pro: First Impression

thanhreef

Market
Reaction score
I just purchased 2 Radion G3 Pros, ReefLink and Wide Angle TIR Lens Kits from ARC sponsor.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56684&stc=1&d=1412865409" alt="" />

Replaced standard lens with wide angle lens and hung over tank. Wow. They look very crazy beautiful.

I'd probably connect the Radion to Apex controller, but I went with ReefLink because:
<ul>
<li>take advantage of 50% off</li>
<li>easy to setup & configuration</li>
<li>easy to share schedule settings with other people</li>
<li>love acclimate feature</li>
</ul>

[B]Here are the fun parts:[/B]
<ul>
<li>Install and setup ReefLink and configure via ecosmartlive.com</li>
<li>Download my favorite schedule settings from ilovereefing.com</li>
<li>Turn on acclimate</li>
<li>Acclimation Period: 1 week</li>
<li>Starting Intensity: (35%) and I will increase 5% every week until it reaches 60%</li>
</ul>

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56685&stc=1&d=1412865409" alt="" />

Wow. Speechless. Under that schedule, everything is so beautiful. Color of corals and fishes looks so amazing. Time will tell how acros responds to the new light.

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94324">Who run Radion G3 Pro on SPS dominated tank?</a>

Happy Reefing,
Thanh
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/990273=56684-radions.jpg>
990273=56684-radions.jpg
class="gc-images" title="radions.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
990273=56685-schedule.jpg
>
990273=56685-schedule.jpg
class="gc-images" title="schedule.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

im really wanting to get mine upgraded to the pro's..did you happen to have the nonpro version before??or is this your first time with radions??

Reef, Coffee & Curly Hair;990307 wrote: Subscribed. Hope the sticks respond positively.
Cool. I will update. So far I really love it

indecloudzua;990330 wrote: im really wanting to get mine upgraded to the pro's..did you happen to have the nonpro version before??or is this your first time with radions??

This is my first time with Radion.

I currently run a Kessil....but if I were to switch, it would be to Radions. Rit's store is mostly covered with Radions and his corals look amazing! Good luck Than, I'm sure you'll have no problems and they will do exactly what you're wanting. I'm thinking we need to have pull tank pics! At least weekly so we can see how it's all going.

All the sticks I've put in my 30g setup are responding very well to the radion gen 3 (non pro). Very nice PE on a few of them that had no PE under radiums in my frag tank.

I think the pro is only beneficial if you have a deep tank and need more par. This thing is hitting 400 par on my top shelf at 45% intensity in a 12" tank.

Pro has a more complete spectrum with uv..I think the corals colors pop more under the pros imo

indecloudzua;990382 wrote: Pro has a more complete spectrum with uv..I think the corals colors pop more under the pros imo

Gen 3 has UV too. You get two yellow bulbs with the pro. That's it. :)

indecloudzua;990393 wrote: Ahh..well, I was thinking from my gen2 to a gen 3 pro..

I think the UVs make a big difference when I cycle them off and on. Have you considered doing the puck upgrade? That's all mine is.

glxtrix;990379 wrote: I currently run a Kessil....but if I were to switch, it would be to Radions. Rit's store is mostly covered with Radions and his corals look amazing! Good luck Than, I'm sure you'll have no problems and they will do exactly what you're wanting. I'm thinking we need to have pull tank pics! At least weekly so we can see how it's all going.
Thank you. I will try my best :)

tonymission;990380 wrote: All the sticks I've put in my 30g setup are responding very well to the radion gen 3 (non pro). Very nice PE on a few of them that had no PE under radiums in my frag tank.

I think the pro is only beneficial if you have a deep tank and need more par. This thing is hitting 400 par on my top shelf at 45% intensity in a 12" tank.
Pro is very strong par. If you don't be careful, it'd bleach all your corals. That's why I replaced the standard lens 80° with wide angle TIR lense 120° so that I can increase more intensity without bleach out my acros.

Maelstrom79;990419 wrote: Tagging along - do you have a lot of acros thanh?
Yes, 95% SPSs are in my tank.

Tank has been entering second weeks of acclimation with increasing intensity another 5%. Everything has been looking great so far. I will take some pics on the weekend.

I just have had a few weeks and just finished the acclimation period. So far, I have love new Radion G3 pro. The color looks awesome and much much better than I had them under 6 39w t5 and 2 Sol Blue. Below is one of favorite spots in my tank.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
994356=57123-IMG_9925.jpg
>
994356=57123-IMG_9925.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_9925.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I wish I could get a good pic under LEDS. Still haven't figured that one out yet. Than your tank looks great. Good luck

Mikesmith34;994424 wrote: I wish I could get a good pic under LEDS. Still haven't figured that one out yet. Than your tank looks great. Good luck

Might not be what you're seeing normally but turn down all the blues and go 100% whites will at least help a good amount.

Mikesmith34;994424 wrote: I wish I could get a good pic under LEDS. Still haven't figured that one out yet. Than your tank looks great. Good luck

Thank you. I increase 5% every week to reach my goal 60%-70% intensity. There're at least 2 more weeks left to reach that level and then I'm going to take a lot of photos to post here

I see that your in Smyrna. You wouldn't happen to live off of Belmont circle would you?

Back