Radion or Kessil?

enderg60

Market
Reaction score
Im trying to decide between some XR15 pros or some 360x's. Tank is 84x30x30 and Im looking at 8 units in an array. Goal is LPS levels of light throughout the entire tank with the halides off, and being blue supplements when the halides are on.

Which would you choose?

Im trying to decide between some XR15 pros or some 360x's. Tank is 84x30x30 and Im looking at 8 units in an array. Goal is LPS levels of light throughout the entire tank with the halides off, and being blue supplements when the halides are on.

Which would you choose?

I wouldn't personally run an XR15 on a 30" deep tank (I have done it and hated it), it will limit what you can put at the bottom of the tank for sure (I see above you are thinking LPS level throughout the tank). The only thing I don't like about Kessil is the disco ball effect, I like some shimmer but not as much as kessil provide.

Help me understand, are you also going to run halides, b/c the statement above makes me think you will in addition to LED's, then that is a totally different conversation.

Na Im not mixing them, its one or the other. I already have enough different apps and programs for every piece of equipment as is.

Yeah, Im running 3x400w halides as the primary lighting 6 hours a day. LED's will be used lower level lights 4 hours a day, as well as blue supplementation and fill in lighting while the halides are running.

I had planned to use LED bars, but space constraints and lack of control took those off the list. T5's just dont have the color pop the leds do so nixed those as well.

So with the space available(between the halide reflectors) and me wanting to control the lights off my apex these seem to be my two options to get the coverage, penetration and control I want.

Oh and the kessils are nearly perfect for what im looking. Im still considering the radions because im not sure the kessils will provide an even blanket of light. Also Im a little worried the combined shimmer of 8 kessils and 3 halides might be a little much.

Well BRS is having a sale on both and I cant decide so Im just going to get 4 of each and see how it goes.

Well BRS is having a sale on both and I cant decide so Im just going to get 4 of each and see how it goes.
i like your thinking and wallet
Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

Question radion or kessel. Hands down the radions are the best

Back