Radion Templat Question

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
I have two Radion XR15 Gen 4 Pros over my 65 gallon tank. The lights are on radion mounts and sit 9" above the water line. Tank depth is 22". These are fairly new to me and my initial template I used was "Traditional Reef Tank" because I was used to having T5s over the top and had some trouble adjusting my eyes to how blue the Coralabs setting were. Now I've switch to the SPS AB+ template and I have a question about intensity.

I was running the "Traditional Reef Tank" setting at 60% intensity. At that level, the intensity on the EcosmartLive graph ramped up to 60% at the peak. I worked my way up to this and was using a PAR meter to give me some direction. Now I'm running SPS AB+ at 55% intensity and the peak output according to the graph is 38%. My question is this: Is the actual intensity quite a bit lower on the SPS AB+ setting? According to the graph, I was putting out an actual 60% intensity on the "Traditional Reef Tank" setting and now I'm maxing out at 38% on the graph for SPS AB+. In order to truly answer my question, I've lined up a PAR meter but it's going to be a while before I can get my hands on it. My goal is to not screw anything up in the meantime. Does anyone have experience going from "Traditional Reef" to SPS AB+? Should I bump up the AB+ intensity so it's more in-line with what it was on the traditional reef setting?

@jcook54 My understanding is the graph was used power vs available power (wattage) probably wrong but that was the conclusion I came to with mine. I think my par meter is in Duluth, you’re welcome to it any time.

Back