Raising Calcium in Nano Tanks

appaloosa1224

Supporting
Reaction score
I've been trying to raise the calcium levels in my two tanks for about a month now with almost zero progress. I've been using Brightwell's Reef Code A+B to try and raise it. My levels in both tanks (20 and 25g) run somewhere between 380-420 (using an API test for daily checks, and Red Sea 1-2 days per week). Alkalinity is hanging around 8-9, pH is 8.4. I've been adding the two part at a higher rate than the 'base' dosage and definitely not getting anywhere with it. Any suggestions? I use the Red Sea Salt which I've enjoyed using, but it mixes on the lower end of these parameters as well, so switching salts is a consideration. Or maybe I should just stop worrying about it!

I find it hard to raise levels in my nano because I do water changes so frequently. I use Kalkwasser in my ATO to help maintain levels similar to what my salt mix contains.

Otherwise, those numbers aren’t bad.

What is your goal & why?

I've just found my LPS tend to be a little happier if I can keep it above the 400 mark. Sitting at home and having all this time to stare at the tanks has me testing a lot more and noticing these things.

Back