Random Pics - Limpet Spawn?

jesspete

Market
Reaction score
Posting pics as they upload on my horrible connection. First few are of limpets squirting into my tank. I'm assuming they're spawning. At least four of them are squirting every ten seconds or so. After twenty minutes, my tank is cloudy.

First pic, you can see two 'clouds' near the top.

limpetsperm4.jpg
alt="" />

limpetsperm2.jpg
alt="" />

Limpet with yellow skirt. What's up with that?

limpetyellow.jpg
alt="" />

More pics coming. Much better subject matter too. This just started happening as I was finishing up.

sooooo gross. I had just done a whole bunch of stuff in the tank. I guess they like me. Glad I got out beforehand! They're still going.

haha-hope your other fish are enjoying swimming around in limpet spunk! lol

Couple of tank shots.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
330690=16452-tankmiddlewide.jpg
>
330690=16452-tankmiddlewide.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tankmiddlewide.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
330690=16453-tankrightwide.jpg
>
330690=16453-tankrightwide.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tankrightwide.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

more.
330697=16454-tankleftwide.jpg
>
330697=16454-tankleftwide.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tankleftwide.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

he is so friggin cool! is that pic. w/ actinics? or display lights as well?

display lights, but I have a crappy camera. We have 2 250W 14000K Phoenix and 4 65W actinics.

Really cool rock nem we got from blue planet as a hitchiker. It was about quarter size in those tanks. Opened way up for us. Hard to tell, but those tips are bright red with dark purple at the ends.
330711=16455-rocknem.jpg
>
330711=16455-rocknem.jpg
class="gc-images" title="rocknem.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Some feather dusters for Trey.
330725=16456-treydusters.jpg
>
330725=16456-treydusters.jpg
class="gc-images" title="treydusters.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

last one for now, no more patience for slow upload.
330733=16457-tankleft.jpg
>
330733=16457-tankleft.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tankleft.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Babies? Bah! I'll give you some almost two inch long limpets. Sometimes I feed them to the mantis. Rich can't stand to see them spawn, lol.

We'll see if the corals like it. I hope someone does. After thirty minutes the water was so cloudy I turned off the lights.

They are cool though. Such strong jaws! The only complaint I have ever read is them chewing seams out of and holes into acrylic

Back