rare footage

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
well as far as i know its rare footage. i searched google videos for flaming prawn goby and only saw 14 videos. and none of them featured a FPG hunting/catching prey. so as i was feeding mine yesterday i decided to take a video. there is at least one time where he catches a shrimp on the video. you'll need to go full screen to see it well.
watch

Brijesh,

That is awesome! I've had two FPG for about 4 years and think I"ve seen them about 10 times since I moved them out of the pico. I used to be able to watch them feed on live brine shrimp when I had the pico. Moved them to an 8G in the hopes of seeing them again but they still pretty much keep to the rock work. May have to raise the all the rocks so they have a ledge and then maybe I can keep better track of them! Very cool video of a very cool fish!

bob Z

thanks bobz. yea they are an amazing little fish i was considering getting 1 or 2 more in hopes that it may feel more comfortable coming out from the rocks with other fish in the tank. but luckily for me if i ever worry about it being missing i can simply lift the entire rock scape because its all epoxyed together and all the corals on it are glued down. and all of that combined weights about 1-2 pounds lol. its one of the beauties of having a tiny tank. i can find anything that gets lost in a matter of minutes :)

Back