RBTA - splitting

grouper

Market
Reaction score
I have a RBTA that started splitting early last week. It has about 3/4 more until it is seperated. How long does it normally take?:D

You sure it's splitting? They normally take less than a day to split.

glxtrix;157705 wrote: You sure it's splitting? They normally take less than a day to split.

Maybe it's just a *trial separation* ?

(sorry... couldn't resist)

:unsure:

check this out
a>

Yah splitting is usually very quick. The nem will typically deflate and then start moving its foot in opposite directions. The tear will begin at the mouth until it splits cleanly through the foot. I've never seen it take more than a few hours to complete. Mark I'm going to be in the area later today if you want me to drop by.

It's definately splitting. It only has less than a quarter of a inch to go!!! Its pretty cool. I will try to get some pics. Its in a hard spot through.

FutureInterest;157712 wrote: Yah splitting is usually very quick... I've never seen it take more than a few hours to complete. Mark I'm going to be in the area later today if you want me to drop by.

I agree that it should just take a few hours for them to completely separate, probably ~3-4.

Mine have split twice naturally. At first it looked awful when I didn't understand what was happening, but now I think it's very cool when it does.

Give them a few days for both anemones to reappear since they'll be hiding in the rockwork until they've started healing.

Enjoy!

Take a razor blade and finish it off. It could be self absorbed and can't stand being apart from itself.

jefft;158147 wrote: Take a razor blade and finish it off. It could be self absorbed and can't stand being apart from itself.

Probably a custody battle going on that we don't know about.

Is there a clownfish issue?

Or maybe they're arguing about who gets the big screen HDTV?

Linda Lee;158150 wrote: Probably a custody battle going on that we don't know about.

Is there a clownfish issue?

Or maybe they're arguing about who gets the big screen HDTV?

Maybe they're arguing over who gets all the percs! :roll:

Back