Rbta

cmjazz89

Market
Reaction score
I've had this beauty, big RBTA for about a month + and it's been happy in the same location. Just this week it moved behind the rock, which I found odd. But the next morning, it was 2!! :shades:

What concerns me now is they won't come out from behind the rocks. I moved the rocks around and placed them in the open and all was fine until the lights went out. They then took off and went right back behind the rocks again. The clowns I have cannot find them so have started to host the leather again and annoying it. Is this normal for RBTA? Could they just be hiding because of the split?

I learned that if you move an anemone, you need to give them a complete cycle of the photo period afterwards or they will move. Even if it means throwing your tank off its photo schedule a little, they need to be able to know that they will get good light from where they are at. If the lights go out an hour after they are moved, they might think they are in a shady spot and go looking for light.

I've tried this and it does work.

Now, sell me one of them!

So if they've moved themselves in a shaded location, basically they'll move again? Just curious since it's been 3 days since they've hidden themselves. I see a few tentacles sticking out of the rocks so I know where they are. I'm just surprised they've remained hidden so long.

I'll probably put the daughter up for sale after the new year. Just don't have the time right now.

If they moved themselves, they'll move themselves again..... Should they not like the spot they are in. If they like it, they may stay, but they could be moving to a shadyer spot while they heal. They sound healthy. PM me a price when you're ready to sell, if you like.

Thanks

Hey Carlos gratzi! They'll head back for the light once they repair the damage from the split. No worries.

I had one that recently split... it hadn't moved from its spot for over a year and a half or so even through many other splits. Well it finally moved... and moved... and moved. Now it came back to the starting position again and all is well again, so be patient.

One lil trick for any BTA owner that will help prevent them from moving too much is to surround it with Milliporas to some degree. The BTAs will get stung by the millis, not the other way around, and will retreat from them.
Its like a natural lil fence, that happens to be one of the prettiest SPS out there anyways.

Back