rbta

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
My new rbta is hiding under the rock.Do they normally do this untill they adjust to the light? He/she has bubble tips hanging out of the sides and they are puffed up and healty looking so far.Do they normally come out in the open or do they kind of like to stay hidden?

let him adjust in time he will find a nice spot and show his face. totally normal

Well my rbta has come out and expands to a rather large size.
In the picture they always look shorter with bubble tips but mine is always extended and long. Does that mean anything and is there a way to get the tips more bubble like?

try feeding him, his tips might bubble up. Mine bubbles occasionally. I think that is directly related to recieving large amounts of food. They say they will get stringy if they are hungry or are under inadequate light. Tho with inadequate light, they tend to stretch at the foot to get more...so I don't think that would be the case. Feed him a little and see what happens. Are there any clowns hosting? Your nem sounds fine, just start to be cautios if you see the color fading or it starts to look like melting mush.

I feed mine frozen shrimp. I would peel the shell and feed it to the anemone every other day. I was feeding it daily but I noticed one of mine got really big quickly so I had to cut back.

I trained my RBTA like a dog...

When it would come out the wrong way I would poke it with a stick till it retracted completely and I would tell it what a bad anemone it was. When it came out in the spot I wanted it to I would feed it and lavishly praise it. Now it only comes out the way I want it to and has been in the same spot for a few years. That'll do RBTA. That'll do.

Back