ready to add another fish its been a while.

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
ok guys im ready to add another fish to the 80 gallon.....here is what i have so far. Been set up for about a year now (i think)

2 clowns
2 green chromis
1 regal small maybe 2 inches
1 sailfin
1 mandarin (came from my 29 he was happy in there and even happier now) very fat.

this is an open top tank and 8 t5's....all corals are happy leather sps,lps,softies, acans, favia frags all are very well so im pretty sure my tank is healthy all params have been in check for a while now.

i just want to put a little more color as far as fish go.....i would love some pinks and yellows so i have a few ideas as follows:

1) yellow wrasse....reef safe? i have no top will it jump?
2) butterfly fish....i know nothing about them i have heard they are hard to keep. Good idea or should i move on from this?
3) something like a bicolor blenny..you know the pink and yellow ones.

post up some good bright yellow and bright pink fish that would go great with my mix that are hardy and will not get to big.

Thanks for all of your help over the past year or so ARC!!!!

I would not add a wrasse to any open top tank They are known carpet surfers. Dont know enough about the other fish mentioned but maybe the Blenny would be OK

yeah i have heard that about wrasse but for some reason i was thinking there were a few wrasse that were ok in open tanks maybe i just made that up in my head cause i was hoping haha

Don't get a yellow wrasse if you have an open tank. I have eggcrate on my tank and luckily I was home when my FAT yellow wrasse squeezed his fat belly through the small holes and landed on the carpet. I saved him in nick of time though.

How about a royal gramma? Yellow/purple, stays small, friendly. Cherub angel or atlantic pygmy angel-I love him. Pajama or Bangaaii cardinals?

well i had an angel in there before and it ended up nipping at alot of my zoas so i got rid of it......the cardinals i like but they dont have the color to them that i am looking for.

royal gramma wouldnt be bad......how man smaller sized fish like the gramma do you guys think i can get away with maybe 2 or 3 at the most??

butterflies are not 100% reef safe esp if you like tube worms. they can be cool fish though if you note all the risks.

Back