Ready to try some SPs corals,any Suggestions?

gmanjeep

Market
Reaction score
Hi, I now have my 120 reef set up and everything seems to be doing just fine.The only real type of coral that I have growing in my tank now and previously in my 65 was a large piece of Brown Pavona (lettuce) coral.It is doing very well. I am looking to start adding some sps to the mix, but have never done it before. Any suggestions on what sps would be a good beginner coral? Also looking for colorful corals.The Pavona is Very beautiful, but my tank needs color! I am also willing to frag some of my Pavona for frags of other corals. As far as my set up goes,I have 2- 250 watt 14 K Pendants, and 2- 56 watt T-5s with one side actinic and the other bulb in each being a 10 K. The tank is 120 gallon with dual overflows. I have a coralife 1270 pump for circulation, and 2 Maxijets 1200s for more water flow.:up:

I think monti caps and digitatas make great beginner sps. Both are available in nice colors.

I do better with acro than monti cap for some reason, i have the worst luck with monti but really good luck with acro....guess it just depends on the setup u got though i would try just so random green acro and a little frag of monti and see i have both if interested Chris 404-975-8916

Back