Recommendations for live rock

Tanster2

Market
Reaction score
I'm transferring my 13.5 into a new 30 gallon this weekend. I currently have about 10lbs of the live rock in my current tank that I'll transfer, but I will still need about 15-20 lbs of established live rock. I'm looking for recommendations for a supplier that has some nice, aiptasia free liverock from someone you trust. Would love to hear your recommendations. Price isn't really important and I'm willing to pay for shipping.

The tank is a Nuvo Fusion 30L with the dimensions 36” x 15” x 13." It's a fairly narrow tank, so medium sized pieces would be cool.

I might end up doing that since I havn't had much luck finding Live Rock that I like so far.

Does FritzZyme actually work? Never used any products of that nature other than Aquavitro Seed

You are kind of far from some of the LFS's in the Atlanta area, so be "Real Reef Rock" by Real Reef Solutions would be a good option. I think it comes wrapped in wet paper to keep it live. You can buy it online and have it shipped.

I've set up 4 marine tanks using Fritz products and they've always work great for me!

The #9 product will cycle a tank, in under 5 days. The Turbo 900 is a concentrate, shipped fresh/overnight with a cold pack, and works immediately.

I always supplement with a little ammonium hydroxide. Household ammonia works, IF it doesn't make suds when you shake it!
FWIW- The ammonia from Ace Hardware does the trick. Add just enough to get a couple ppm with a good test kit (Salifert, SeaChem, etc.).
Just be sure to follow the directions!

Fritz has been in the game a long time, supplies zoos and public aquariums and has a division for waste water treatment products.

https://fritzaquatics.com/about

I've set up 4 marine tanks using Fritz products and they've always work great for me!

The #9 product will cycle a tank, in under 5 days. The Turbo 900 is a concentrate, shipped fresh/overnight with a cold pack, and works immediately.

I always supplement with a little ammonium hydroxide. Household ammonia works, IF it doesn't make suds when you shake it!
FWIW- The ammonia from Ace Hardware does the trick. Add just enough to get a couple ppm with a good test kit (Salifert, SeaChem, etc.).
Just be sure to follow the directions!

Fritz has been in the game a long time, supplies zoos and public aquariums and has a division for waste water treatment products.

https://fritzaquatics.com/about

I'll give it a try! I should note that I'm transferring the 13.5 directly into the 30 gallon system, so I'm trying to avoid setting off too big of a cycle.

You are kind of far from some of the LFS's in the Atlanta area, so be "Real Reef Rock" by Real Reef Solutions would be a good option. I think it comes wrapped in wet paper to keep it live. You can buy it online and have it shipped.

Actually been looking at their rock for a hot minute. Might pull the trigger on some. Their rock seems like a good alternative to ocean rock for sure.

Back