Recommended dosing containers

TTTony

Market
Reaction score
Recommended dosing containers

I’m gonna finally install the Neptune DOS system on my 95 gallon totally stocked reef tank. I’ve been manually adding kalk +2 with great success over the last year , I’m just trying to get my pH stabilize more . can anyone recommend the proper size containers? I have about 20 inches underneath my cabinet for a and B part supplement

Attachments

• 0AC599AA-8999-44C1-B052-4CA1D48E6757.jpeg
    0AC599AA-8999-44C1-B052-4CA1D48E6757.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 02C7D0D2-0B2C-4778-B900-A376DCD9C2B4.jpeg
    02C7D0D2-0B2C-4778-B900-A376DCD9C2B4.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 13
I just use my BRS jugs, drilled a hole in the cap. Yeah, it's a little redneck, but works fine. I suppose it depends on if you want a sleek acrylic look.

No display sump here. A drill for the lid and some Rigid air line will make any container work, I find a good size something that fits the space.

Attachments

• 20220606_162340.jpg
    20220606_162340.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220606_162244.jpg
    20220606_162244.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thanks guys

I wasn’t sure my tank is doing fantastic without dosing , but I wanna see more growth, also does everyone use the same calcium and alkalinity supplement?
please feel free to tell me what you use ?
thank you

Thanks guys

I wasn’t sure my tank is doing fantastic without dosing , but I wanna see more growth, also does everyone use the same calcium and alkalinity supplement?
please feel free to tell me what you use ?
thank you
If water changes keep your alkalinity and calcium where you want there is no reason to dose, if not it's time to start dosing those two. I use BRS soda ash (alk) and BRS calcium chloride. It can be done manually but I use Jebao dosers (on 3 tanks). I had the wi-fi versions which were super easy to program, but when I switched to T-Mobile internet they wouldn't connect so I'm back to the non-wi-fi model. When you start dosing alk and calcium it's time to start checking magnesium also. None of my tanks use much yet so water changes keep up pretty well, but I've manually dosed liquid magnesium a couple times in the last year.

Last edited:
If water changes keep your alkalinity and calcium where you want there is no reason to dose, if not it's time to start dosing those two. I use BRS soda ash (alk) and BRS calcium chloride. It can be done manually but I use Jebao dosers (on 3 tanks). I had the wi-fi versions which were super easy to program, but when I switched to T-Mobile internet they wouldn't connect so I'm back to the non-wi-fi model. When you start dosing alk and calcium it's time to start checking magnesium also. None of my tanks use much yet so water changes keep up pretty well, but I've manually dosed liquid magnesium a couple times in the last year.
My alkalinity is always around 7 and I’m trying to keep the pH fluctuations to a minimum
I’m hoping that the Doser will do that my calcium is always around 500
I do about 10 gallons a month water changes

I don't worry about or test for pH, but I don't believe dosing is an answer for that, what is it you're planning to dose? Here is where more experienced reefers should chime in.

Back