Red bubble algae

willie1983

Market
Reaction score
I got a good deal on a few pounds of live rock once I got home and inspected it in my qt bucket I noticed a few pieces had red bubble alage on it ,I've heard of people picking it off but it's kinda of a pain with the amount I see is there a fast easy way to rid this problem ??
Can I burn it like aptasia??

You can scrub it off, and give the rock a rinse in saltwater before introducing it to the tank.

One way or another though, you're likely to leave something behind, no matter what the method, and it will appear in your tank.

Remove it by the method of your choice (burning seems rather harsh, it will harm the other fauna/flora too)... and maybe add an Emerald crab or something that will eat it if it pops up again.

Jenn

JennM;911035 wrote: You can scrub it off, and give the rock a rinse in saltwater before introducing it to the tank.

One way or another though, you're likely to leave something behind, no matter what the method, and it will appear in your tank.

Remove it by the method of your choice (burning seems rather harsh, it will harm the other fauna/flora too)... and maybe add an Emerald crab or something that will eat it if it pops up again.

Jenn
Thanks jenn I'll give it a try

Back