Red hair algae problem...

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
Is there any suggestions on a good means of getting rid of this stuff. I have did a round of water changes and tried to combat it with some algae rid stuff. One rock looks like it has a red blanket on it and its growing all in my sand now. Would it be ok to siphon the top of the sand and get up some of it?

For the RODI water, I dont actually have a way of making that myself. Would the purified water that you can buy in bulk at like a Publix or something be fine as long as the TDS is 0? Or is it unlikely that the water will have 0 tds?

Haha, the RODI will have to wait...Im going on a cruise sat, so the funds are being focused on that right now.

Ahh I see, well even if it does not have 0 TDS would that w/ Prime not be better than regular tap w/ Prime?

at most, the store water will be RO. RODI is not for drinking.

Usually, the water from the store is okay. It won't have a zero tds reading, but it will be low. HOWEVER, it may contain phosphates that will contribute to your problem. Prime won't help with that at all.

You could just buy a DI cartridge and funnel the kroger water through it. It would work decently well if done at a low enough rate.

Well I dunno about the machines water, but when we were in orientation for school here they said be very cautious of drinking the tap here lol, so it cant be too good. But thanks for your help.

Back