Red Hair Algae?

mattyams

Market
Reaction score
Noticed this red hair on the base around my clove polyps. Is it RHA? Sure looks like it. Just wanna make sure before attempting to treat/not treat.

Attachments

• PXL_20230213_210937211.jpg
    PXL_20230213_210937211.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 21
Looks more like cyan to me based on the picture. Take a turkey baster (or something similar) and try to blow it off. RHA can cling a little bit but cyano will just blow off. If you blow some off, try to suck a bit up and get a feel for it. Cyano is just slime and, well, it's just slime and disintegrates. I'm dealing with a bit of cyano myself right now but I gotta say, yours is much prettier. Let us know if it is cyano and we can work on getting rid of it.

I gave it a blast with a baster and pretty much all of it came off in like a "dusty" cloud with some stringy chunks floating away. Caught a piece and took it out. Didn't feel slimy, I can't actually describe what it felt like, but not slimy. What's weird to me is how red it is. Like super red, as you said kinda pretty. It's in my fleece filter's hands now.

Cyano. If it gets bad chemipure is fairly safe and works well but some here and there is pretty standard from my experience. More flow can often help.

Back