red sea coral colors test kit

russ-iv

Market
Reaction score
picked this up but wondered the accuracy.

tested

potassium 416
iodine .08
iron 0

this sound about right for reef crystals?

No clue what fresh RC tests on trace elements. It is something I've been meaning to send off to Triton. Personally I find some of these test to be highly inconsistent and have given up attempts. Specifically speaking on iodine/iodide testing.

Wit that if testing for iodine you should be testing iodide as well. Quality test kits should offer both.

Potassium seems satisfactory.

Iron should be below test kits capabilities.

As for the numbers you've found, I like them and hope they're accurate as I use Reef Crystals.

DawgFace;1041266 wrote: No clue what fresh RC tests on trace elements. It is something I've been meaning to send off to Triton. Personally I find some of these test to be highly inconsistent and have given up attempts. Specifically speaking on iodine/iodide testing.

Wit that if testing for iodine you should be testing iodide as well. Quality test kits should offer both.

Potassium seems satisfactory.

Iron should be below test kits capabilities.

As for the numbers you've found, I like them and hope they're accurate as I use Reef Crystals.

interesting you asked.
i had an iodide supplement from brightwell back in my 220 gal days. and i put a few drops to see if it would change and it went otc.

Back