Red Sea Max 250

sidvicious

Market
Reaction score
So I've made the dive into a tank I have always wanted from the get go but could never justify the price of such a tank (Now having one the price is justified) but found a deal I could not refuse. In a bit of a dilemma though with regards to an ATO, there is quite a bit of evaporation from the unit and to keep my parameters in check I believe I'll have to invest in an ATO but I don't have the slightest idea on how they work since I've never had one. If I could get some help with that I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm currently running a JBJ chiller on the tank as well not if that makes a bit of difference but I state that as the right hand side of the tank is pretty full. Thank you!

Short video on a basic ATO. <!-- gcu-updated ame -->https://youtu.be/UVDcreXpJdI<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

That should get the basics out of the way. Congrats on the new purchase.

Awesome I appreciate the video, will have a watch of it now. Thank you, I've never owned a tank of such quality and fine craftsmanship before.

It just covers the basics. If you have a question about a particular system, I'm sure someone here owns the model in question and can give more detailed insight. Enjoy the new toy!

Great stuff, so I'm thinking of the JBJ ATO. My only concern would be the pump would not be strong enough to send the water up to the tank from the 5 gallon jug sitting at the bottom of the stand. Would o be correct in that assessment? Thank you

I think fountain tech makes a cheap-ish pump that will do around 5'. Should be about $20.

Back