Red Sea Reef Care Program

genesis

Market
Reaction score
Came across this as I'm in the hunt for improving coral coloration and growth. Anyone have any experience with it? Seems to me to be a great all in one solution.

http://www.redseafish.com/reef-care-program/">http://www.redseafish.com/reef-care-program/</a>
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/1056578=64754-5-RCP-Page-pyramid.png>
1056578=64754-5-RCP-Page-pyramid.png
class="gc-images" title="5-RCP-Page-pyramid.png[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Red sea has always had pretty good products IMO. I actually just purchased their NO3 and PO4 system / test kits / reducer.

SnowManSnow;1056582 wrote: Red sea has always had pretty good products IMO. I actually just purchased their NO3 and PO4 system / test kits / reducer.

So you would be doing the algae management program?

I currently use their alage program. It worked for me. I regiment was larger waterchanges, a sea hare and their chemicals. My coral color is poor but just as they state, you cant treat both at the same time. I'm now totally alage free.

PutEmUp;1056607 wrote: I currently use their alage program. It worked for me. I regiment was larger waterchanges, a sea hare and their chemicals. My coral color is poor but just as they state, you cant treat both at the same time. I'm now totally alage free.

Do you plan on using the coral coloration program next?

Genesis;1056601 wrote: So you would be doing the algae management program?

Yea, I don't HAVE algae, but I needed new po4 and NO3 kits anyway and decided to try it

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I think Redsea does a very good job at simplifying things and make the programs very easy to follow. I personally feel their test kits are WAY easier to use then most on the market. I especially love their Reef Mature Pro Kit... it pretty much holds your hand for the whole cycle of your system and a good month afterward. Tells you exactly what to test at what time, what products to add depending on test results, when it is safe add clean up crew and the first few fish, etc.

Liz uses the Coral Color and Reef Energy lines in our coral tables and displays. She recommends it to customers all the time.

Jakub

I do plan on using the colaration program. I truly believe the sea hare sped up the process 10 fold though. The sea hare got rid of all the visible alage. Their program stopped it from coming back.

I used there reef energy 2part to help color up my acro's and it worked great better then any other amino blend that i have used and i have used them all.

The program is great but you can achieve the same results with alternatives that I think are better, less tedious, and in some instances, cheaper.

Nutrient Control: Red Sea NoPox (once phosphates are at 0.02ppm reduce to 2mL /day dosages) or DIY NoPox (5% White Vinegar and 80 proof Vodka mix)

Trace Elements: Fauna Marin Ultra Balling Light Trace 1,2, & 3 ( You can add these to your Alk and Ca according to the product directions; these can be used with other non-Fauna Marin Ca and Alk salts)

Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium: BRS, ME Corals (I now use and like it), or Fauna Marin (A little expensive)

Maintain Nitrates at 2-6ppm, phosphates at 0.02-0.03ppm, and alkalinity at 7.5-8.2 dkH; this will provide the environment for color enhancement.

I use GFO but you can avoid it if you increase nitrates to reduce phosphates by dosing amino acids or potassium nitrate (I dose 10mL now and then when my nitrates get lower than my phosphates). Bacteria will consume the carbon source(nopox), nitrates, and phosphates. Google Redfield Ratio. It's not 100% in an aquarium environment but it still applies.

MarquiseO;1056628 wrote: The program is great but you can achieve the same results with alternatives that I think are better, less tedious, and in some instances, cheaper.

Nutrient Control: Red Sea NoPox (once phosphates are at 0.02ppm reduce to 2mL /day dosages) or DIY NoPox (5% White Vinegar and 80 proof Vodka mix)

Trace Elements: Fauna Marin Ultra Balling Light Trace 1,2, & 3 ( You can add these to your Alk and Ca according to the product directions; these can be used with other non-Fauna Marin Ca and Alk salts)

Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium: BRS, ME Corals (I now use and like it), or Fauna Marin (A little expensive)

Maintain Nitrates at 2-6ppm, phosphates at 0.02-0.03ppm, and alkalinity at 7.5-8.2 dkH; this will provide the environment for color enhancement.

I use GFO but you can avoid it if you increase nitrates to reduce phosphates by dosing amino acids or potassium nitrate (I dose 10mL now and then when my nitrates get lower than my phosphates). Bacteria will consume the carbon source(nopox), nitrates, and phosphates. Google Redfield Ratio. It's not 100% in an aquarium environment but it still applies.

Great info

PutEmUp;1056618 wrote: I do plan on using the colaration program. I truly believe the sea hare sped up the process 10 fold though. The sea hare got rid of all the visible alage. Their program stopped it from coming back.

I had a sea hare that was a monster vs algae. Would love to get an update on the coloration program you intend to use

aXio;1056615 wrote: I think Redsea does a very good job at simplifying things and make the programs very easy to follow. I personally feel their test kits are WAY easier to use then most on the market. I especially love their Reef Mature Pro Kit... it pretty much holds your hand for the whole cycle of your system and a good month afterward. Tells you exactly what to test at what time, what products to add depending on test results, when it is safe add clean up crew and the first few fish, etc.

Liz uses the Coral Color and Reef Energy lines in our coral tables and displays. She recommends it to customers all the time.

Jakub

I must say it is very straight forward instructions and seems fail proof if followed accurately.

gacolt;1056626 wrote: I used there reef energy 2part to help color up my acro's and it worked great better then any other amino blend that i have used and i have used them all.

I'm currently using aquavitro fuel so curious as to how it compares

It is a good video series from that link that you posted....I learned a few things. Definitely a good series for new reefers.

huskerreefatl;1057006 wrote: It is a good video series from that link that you posted....I learned a few things. Definitely a good series for new reefers.

I did as well

Back