Red Sea ReefLED!! WTF!!!

Sun1914

Market
Reaction score
Just picked up the light...it actually came with a tank I just purchased from another reefer. Im sure its a great light IF and WHEN I can get it to connect to my home network. This system is a POS...like seriously whos bright idea was it to make the light ONLY functional via the app?? The tank is going on almost 24 hrs with no light and RS customer service has been zero help. Emailed them yesterday (granted it was Sunday, didnt expect them to be working) recieved response today at about noon. Replied and well, its 4 hrs later and no response. Won't probably hear back until tomorrow and be well over the 36 hr mark with no light to the tank.

Can the seller help you out? I had trouble getting some AI Prime's to connect but when they were plugged in, they're still run the established program. There's not much help I can offer since I've never dealt with Red Sea's lights but you might be able to borrow a light from someone in your area. I've done that in the past when I've had a light go down.

The seller has been nothing but supportive. Unfortunately, not he can do neither. Just have to wait on RS to reach and hope i dont lose anything in the tank.

I have 2 ReefLED90, It works great for me. Never had any problem never disconnect (maybe because its connected to a dedicated wireless router for my reef system)
This is how I connect them:
in the back of the LED lights there's a button to the left of where the power cable comes out of it.
-Press an hold until you see the light blinking
-While it's blinking tap the + (add device) on the app
-You should see the serial # of the device comes up.
-follow the on screen instruction
-do the same for the other lights

NOTE:
when you first connect to it, you are using your phone's WIFI single. So the light is not fully functional until you choose the "connect to wifi" feature on the light's setting

The part about:
when you first connect to it, you are using your phone's WIFI single. So the light is not fully functional until you choose the "connect to wifi" feature on the light's setting
Is what get people confuse and hate this light

The part about:
Is what get people confuse and hate this light
Correct, the light isnt functionality without being connected to the app.

Back