Redoing my plumbing - how long to let pvc cement cure?

oil_fan

Market
Reaction score
So I finished rerouting my plumbing for my 95 gallon tank from underneath the tank to the storage room next door. It's been 2 hours since I cemented the last piece of pvc. The cement container states it needs 2 hours to cure. I'm not about to fire it off until I'm sure everything is ready.

How long should I wait before firing up the pump and stuff?

Should be fine.....wait another 30 if that makes you comfortable.....doesn't take PVC glue long..

Return section has no leaks. But **** it, I just sliced open my finger on egg crate...now to stop the bleeding... and yes, I'm bleeding right now... :tapedshut:

The bathroom where I was when I noticed the bleeding for a bit looked like a crime scene. :lol2:Now it's all cleaned up.

Everything is all up and running. No leaks. The Reef Octopus is a monster. Crazy bubbles out of the thing. Big time better than the old CSS 65 that was in the tiny sump. :thumbs:

Mockery;490337 wrote: Which reef octopus did you get?
Reef Octopus 6 rated for 150 gallons.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Reef_Octopus_Needle_Pin_Wheel_Protein_Skimmer_Protein_Skimmers_for_Saltwater_Aquariums_Reefs-CoralVue-CV5111-FIPS-vi.html">http://www.marinedepot.com/Reef_Octopus_Needle_Pin_Wheel_Protein_Skimmer_Protein_Skimmers_for_Saltwater_Aquariums_Reefs-CoralVue-CV5111-FIPS-vi.html</a>

Since I was already draining water, did a 20% water change. Between the larger sump and the water drained out, I added 40 gallons to the tank. And now I'll far easier time cleaning things up!!

An update. Everything is working great. No leaks and the best thing...I can't hear the hardly anything going into the basement now. It's almost quiet. The work to move it all and get it all setup was totally worth it!!! :thumbs:

I usually glue it all up and turn it on and look for leaks within 5-10 min.

elFloyd;503058 wrote: Terry, just curious. How did moving the sump affect your temperature?
Minimal at best. At the time when we were still getting cold nights, I may have seen half a degree and I'm don't even think it was that much. But then again, I have 2 150 watt heaters in the sump. More than enough to make up for it.

Back