Reef Breeder V2

mattgee87

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up a Reefbreeder V2 fixture to go over a SPS dominate reef. Do any of you guys have experience with this fixture and it's ability to grow coral? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have one but i have never had it over SPS. It grew Lps and everything else great. I dont see why it wouldnt work for SPS also. Support for the light is great.

I have had these units for years, and currently running my 75g frag tank (mostly all sps) and my 610g display sps dominant with no issues at all. Just had my PAR tested and no issues with penetration at 36” depth for lower light corals and reaching 400-500 in the middle of the tank with white channel at 50%

I have had these units for years, and currently running my 75g frag tank (mostly all sps) and my 610g display sps dominant with no issues at all. Just had my PAR tested and no issues with penetration at 36” depth for lower light corals and reaching 400-500 in the middle of the tank with white channel at 50%
Care to share a picture of your setup?

Care to share a picture of your setup?
7B3B92D0-7D19-4462-9E08-FEF1D5083E34.jpegHere’s a pic of my display today, total 610g in the display, dimensions are 130x30.5x36”. I have 4x 48” photon V2 on the two sides and 2x 30” photon V2+ in the middle. One day I plan on upgrading the v2’s to the V2+ controller but just haven’t gotten around to it.

I still have a V1 that has I think the last available board in it. Worked great on softies,lps and not very demanding sps.

Both of those tanks look amazing, I guess I just need to bite the bullet and get LED's

Interestingly enough, I have a bunch of frags from ptreef that are growing really well in my tank. I don't think I knew we ran the same lights (albeit he has WAY more than I do), but it kinda makes sense why I'm having success with his stuff. His tank is really amazing (and gigantic).

I'm overall very happy with the fixture, and I used to be a MH guy 20 years ago.

Back