Reef breeders LED units...

cment

Market
Reaction score
So for the past month or two I have noticed some of my SPS's at the top of my tank bleaching and really had no idea as to why this was happening. Initially, I thought my lights were too high intensity so I turned them down to roughly 20% each. I was still showing signs of bleaching. I was going crazy trying to figure out what the deal was. I thought it could have been my alk or Ca, nope both were fine 9.0 and 450. Well last night I decided to go out, I finally came home about 2:30am only to notice my reef breeders unit on almost full blast. I went over the the unit and noticed the controller was reading zero for both blues and whites (like it is suppose to since I have it on a custom from dusk till dawn) I scroll through the settings and boom it goes off. I contacted Logan from reef breeders, he got back to me and is sending out a new controller. I thought I would share this little bit of info, thank god for late night boozing....

Yikes man. I had issues only in the opposite. Not Reef Breeders and it wasn't even the lights fault. Controller said the channel was on, but in fact it was not. So after that I installed a IP Camera, that way I could check in anytime I wanted. I have an alarm set on my phone that goes off at the time my lights are set to be on. So I can check to make sure they actually did.
Grab a camera man. Kinda fun to look at your tank while at work, or to show people.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Wow that's a weird one. Did they say this is normal? Did they pay for everything for the new controller?

Back