Reef Breeders Photon V2

legalreefer

Market
Reaction score
Looking at setting my 180 back up and want to upgrade the lighting. Everything went in a 100g Rubbermaid while I finished my basement. When it was originally setup, I was running the Chinese black boxes. Two of them went out about the same time so i decided on 2 AI Prime HDs. I lost most of my SPS corals when I switched over to them. A lot was going on at the time so I can’t blame the Primes for the losses.

So I am not about to spend $900-1800 on Radions. I’ve been looking at reviews on other lights and ran across the Reef Breeders Photon V2. Poking around on other forums and I found mostly older post. I want to see what kind of results people have gotten out of them now that they have been out for over a year. Is there anyone on here who has had them a year or more?

My idea is to get a single Photon 32 for the center and use the Primes on the ends. Maybe one day get a second Photon 32. But like I said, I’m not about to spend a grand at one time.

Any thoughts or suggestions are always welcomed.

I have the photon 32 v1 and I think its great so I think i don’t think you can go wrong with the v2

I have had a 48" V1 over my DT for 4+ yrs and love it.  I also have a 48" Photon W over my frag tank and love it even more.  So I can only imagine how great the V2 would be.

Ricky has about 4 or 5 Reef Breeders over his 300 and 2 cubes. I also redid the blue channel on a v1 for him not to long ago. He doesn't have a lot of sps but what he does have grows well.

Thank you for your responses. I went ahead and ordered it.

And for anyone thinking about buying one, they are on sale. I think around 15% off

Back