Reef Crystal

angel

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a couple questions for you I'm being dealing with diatoms on my sand for a while i do water changes every 2 weeks my tank is 180 gallons so i do 20 % of water change I recently purchased my rodi unit and every time I test it shows 0 on my TDS meter so now I'm mixing my own water well last night I mix 30 gallons using reef crystal and I was curious to see if they wore any phosphates on anew mix water I test using Red Sea and it's showing 12 and then I test with Hanna phosphate and it's shows 15 so what is going on is that supposed to be right I was hoping to show 0 phosphates On a brand new water mix has anyone experienced this.

Phosphates can come from your water. RO/DI doesn't necessarily mean 0 phosphates. Did you buy a used unit? Test the water before you mix it and see what you get. 0 TDS only means there are no dissolved solids in the water.

Yes is a brand new unit I test before going through the rodi unit and after and is showing 0 on my TDS meter I thought it was my TDS meter so I try with 2 more and still showing 0

porpoiseaquatics;1116116 wrote: Phosphates can come from your water. RO/DI doesn't necessarily mean 0 phosphates. Did you buy a used unit? Test the water before you mix it and see what you get. 0 TDS only means there are no dissolved solids in the water.

Is there any way to filter that phosphate out of the water? I was thinking that I am getting phosphate in my water as well, I never had a problem with it until I moved in September. My water changes aren't decreasing my phosphate at all and I do 25% exchanges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhodges82;1116122 wrote: Is there any way to filter that phosphate out of the water? I was thinking that I am getting phosphate in my water as well, I never had a problem with it until I moved in September. My water changes aren't decreasing my phosphate at all and I do 25% exchanges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could push the water through a final chamber filled with Phosguard. But before doing anything....check your water!!!! Phosphates can come from many different sources such as live rock.

That is also what I was told I use some dry rock can't remember the name but they said dry rock leashes phosphates and it might take a year before they all out of the rock.

Back