Reef Crystals - High Sulfur?

lshin037

Market
Reaction score
Anyone here using Reef Crystals and had their water tested through ICP? My sulfur came back high and was wondering if it's the salt mix.

When I used RC the lithium was through the roof, never had a problem with sulfur. Wouldn't entirely surprise me though, has to do with where the salt is mined.

Did the ICP test give you any possible causes other than salt?

Very interesting! It's also possible that there were errors in the test results. For example; one of their calibration solutions for a specific element could be off, or the window of wavelengths the machine associates with a specific element could be off as well.

Not saying that it is a false result, it's just a possibility to keep in mind. Regardless, its worth investigating. Hopefully, I'll be able to start testing a bunch of samples soon.

When I used RC the lithium was through the roof, never had a problem with sulfur. Wouldn't entirely surprise me though, has to do with where the salt is mined.

Did the ICP test give you any possible causes other than salt?

Oh yeah..Lithium is high too but it doesnt concern me too much.

Other than salt mix, they listed Bacterial solutions, Food, and Trace elements. I dosed the Red Sea trace colors a few months back. It was just one set (ABCD). I dose Acropower and EasySPS evo and feed Masstick, NLS, TDO Chromaboost, Reef Frenzy, and live white worms.

Very interesting! It's also possible that there were errors in the test results. For example; one of their calibration solutions for a specific element could be off, or the window of wavelengths the machine associates with a specific element could be off as well.

Not saying that it is a false result, it's just a possibility to keep in mind. Regardless, its worth investigating. Hopefully, I'll be able to start testing a bunch of samples soon.

That's always a possibility. Everything else looks great except for Lithium and Sulfur

Oh yeah..Lithium is high too but it doesnt concern me too much.

Other than salt mix, they listed Bacterial solutions, Food, and Trace elements. I dosed the Red Sea trace colors a few months back. It was just one set (ABCD).
I'd rule out the Red Sea colors. Do you have any dead flow zones in the piping? Something like a reactor or UV unit that was shut off but may have a slow trickle.

I'd rule out the Red Sea colors. Do you have any dead flow zones in the piping? Something like a reactor or UV unit that was shut off but may have a slow trickle.

The only reactor, besides a Kalk reactor, is my secondary chamber for my calrx that has a flow rate of 80ml/hr going through it. I have UV running but that has about 300 gph running 24/7.

The only reactor, besides a Kalk reactor, is my secondary chamber for my calrx that has a flow rate of 80ml/hr going through it. I have UV running but that has about 300 gph running 24/7.
That's good, rules out hydrogen sulfide. Like Andrew said, could be a faulty test result for that parameter. It's either that or from food. Something to just keep an eye on till you send off another test.

That's good, rules out hydrogen sulfide. Like Andrew said, could be a faulty test result for that parameter. It's either that or from food. Something to just keep an eye on till you send off another test.

Thank you

Back