Reef Envy Episode

marquiseo

Market
Reaction score
I am getting filled with envy of all these reefers buying new tanks. All these techs they are putting on their system and so on. It is driving me mad. I love technology and it makes me super jealous that these guys/gals have new equipment. So, I guess since I can't beat them, I will join them. I have decided to buy a new tank just don't know which one. My will get mad that I just spent money on a new panel for the rebuilding of my cracked tank which I haven't started resealing yet due to day to day activities after work. I will tell her that I am feeling depressed, have insomnia, and I need a new tank to make me feel better.

Elaboration: I used to have insomnia(non-military related), mostly during the summers, and it brought forth depression. It's basically how I got more involved in this hobby.

So I am deciding between these tanks that are not too big and not too small:

CADLIGHTS 45G Artisan II

45%20Gallon%20Artisan.jpg
alt="" />

CADLIGHTS 50G ARTISAN II
50G%20Long%20Artisan%20II%20re.jpg
alt="" />

And if I wait till the first of next month:
CADLIGHTS 70G Artisan II

70G%20Profile%20finish%20resized%20.jpg
alt="" />

Help me decide.

bcrueter;989898 wrote: I like the all black 70 gallon one myself...

I like the 70 as well but I think I would go white this time. I have always had black stand tanks.

Thanks for replying.

Ringo®;989901 wrote: Bigger is always better.
"That's what she said"

That's true but what is deterring away is the amount of water volume. I had from a 2.5g - 120g tanks. I like nano-midsize better because with growth, the tank looks fuller faster than big tanks. Also, the equipment costs start to esculate quickly when wanting to add additional equipment for stability.

I will decide by the 15th.

Thanks for the reply.

take this for what its worth[which isnt much lol]...i NEVER concern myself with what another person is buying or has,especially in reefing.i buy what i want regardless of what anyone else says or does.keeping up with the joneses will never make you happy,only make your bank account smaller.
BUT...upgrading is NEVER a bad thing :)

reeferman;989957 wrote: take this for what its worth[which isnt much lol]...i NEVER concern myself with what another person is buying or has,especially in reefing.i buy what i want regardless of what anyone else says or does.keeping up with the joneses will never make you happy,only make your bank account smaller.
BUT...upgrading is NEVER a bad thing :)

Thanks! I know it's one of my weaknesses. I love new gadgets and my wife knows that. I told her this will be my final upgrade as well. So she agreed to allow me to purchase it and she will throw in some funds to assist. I was going to buy it with my own spending money but she decided to use some of her spending money as well so that's a plus. But I do have to get her a puppy later on which is another discussion my wife and I gotta have.

reeferman;989979 wrote: famous words we have all said...."this is my last upgrade" hahahaha
looking forward to seeing the new project

lol. I will make a build thread once I get it. I think this will be my last upgrade though. I need to start another hobby.

jrhunter0000;990008 wrote: The 70 looks sharp. Wonder the price?
$1,419.99
includes: Tank, Stand, 30G sump, Cadlights Gen3 PLS-100 Skimmer, 1250 GPH DC Return Pump, Dimmable LED refugium lighting, and plumbing. Free Shipping.

tonymission;990016 wrote: Is that a four foot tank? The 70g
Nope its 3ft.

Edit: I just noticed that the dimensions (35.5"x23.5"x18") stated doesn't come out to 70g but 65G. I have contacted them to see if there is an error in the title or in the dimension information.

Bassett22;990017 wrote: Go as large as you can COMFORTABLY afford and maintain. Bigger is best, but not when it causes stress.
Agreed.

The 70G it will be. I can't wait! I will finish the reseal on the 30L and either selling it for cheap or use it to conduct research on sps and soft corals.

I am longer over due on this projected tank. I decided to not get the Cadlights tank after talking with one of the reps. The "price" point made me weigh my options. I decided to go back to SC Aquariums for a full setup. I decided to go with the 50 Gal which is only $588 including everything. For that price point, that deal can't be beat. I had a 65 Gal from this company so I know of the craftsmanship. The only down is the mdf stand in which I will have to coat with some kind of waterproof sealant. The best part is that my wife decided to pay for it. It should be here by the end of next week, hopefully.

Here is an image of the 65G, I had in the past from this company:

8954844079_fb892b8b8c_c.jpg
alt="" />
8954844339_a4df085685_c.jpg
alt="" />
8954844781_049af6aa67_c.jpg
alt="" />

Great looking tank... Ive got the cad lights 50 and it looks very familiar. Good luck getting that thing WET!!

RacinRevo0818;996471 wrote: Great looking tank... Ive got the cad lights 50 and it looks very familiar. Good luck getting that thing WET!!
Thanks. The Cad old 50G style was the same until cad change the design of the overflow box for the 2015 model. I looked at that tank but the price of $899(cube)/$1099(long) vs $588 just wasn't enough to sell me for a different overflow box design. Also, I got the skimmer upgraded from the SCA-301 to the SCA-302 for just $30. If I had done the same with CAD, it would have been $74.99 for the next level up.

indecloudzua;996479 wrote: forget the new tanks..lol..im jealous of all you new sps you got!! :)
Thanks. I am just ready to get all of my sticks in a permanent aquarium. They have started encrusting. Some have lost a little coloring due to me feeding my tank and switching to t5s but I can always regain color which is my plan once I get the new tank up and running. It is projected for delivery on Friday according to the tracking.

indecloudzua;996561 wrote: so you got rid of the radion??

I sold that a while back when i got this fixture. I regret it now because I may be going back to one or get the 24" 6 bulb ATI fixture.

Picked up my tank last Friday. Shipping company was due to ship Friday but it was handed off to another one which will have made the shipping date be Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. The tank arrived intact. I had the stand pre-assembled so that saved time. It is not running yet because I am buying my lights on Dec 1st and I need to get some other parts before it's ready.

Back