cpmhdn

Supporting
Reaction score
I have never used this product
Any advise on how it works for GHA
Skimmer on or off
Carbon no carbon
Thanks

Also takes about 2 weeks to see the full effect. Don't dose more after a couple of days thinking it isn't working.

Are you running a refugium? The fluconazole (reef flux) can kill certain kinds of macro algae like chaeto.

Are you running a refugium? The fluconazole (reef flux) can kill certain kinds of macro algae like chaeto.
I am running cheato in the fuge
Guess I’ll take and put in my qt tank
I assume just do a water change after 2 weeks ?
then put the cheato back?

I am running cheato in the fuge
Guess I’ll take and put in my qt tank
I assume just do a water change after 2 weeks ?
then put the cheato back?
I think it's a 30% water change after 2 weeks. Instructions are on the carton. How much to add based on tank volume etc. Our dragons breath survived a treatment with it but if you want to be safe moving the chaeto to QT isn't a bad option.

I think it's a 30% water change after 2 weeks. Instructions are on the carton. How much to add based on tank volume etc. Our dragons breath survived a treatment with it but if you want to be safe moving the chaeto to QT isn't a bad option.
Thank you
I’ve ordered it just waiting for it to arrive

Also, be sure to manually remove as much GHA as you can, both before and during treatment. I found that I had to dose fluconazole twice, about 4 weeks apart, to really knock it out. The GHA turns light green and very fragile, making it fairly easy to remove. You don't want it just dying and releasing nutrients back into your system. And correct, no skimmer, no carbon.

It’s crazy
I’ve been in salt since 2007 it’s not my first time having GHA
I’ve always been able to correct it but this time I’ve tried everything but reef flux except getting a sea hare
I plan on doing a Daily update with pics on here
I want to thank everyone for the advice and experience

Back