Reef Issues

cpayne

Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon reef, almost six years old that I am having some issues with. I have recently lost a couple of quite healthy fish suddenly and unexpectedly.

My water quality and temperature is superb (yes, I checked everything). I am reaching out to see if there is someone with a fresh set of eyes that might be willing to come to my house in Johns Creek, assess my reef and potentially consult with me for some corrective action.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, Please respond. I can be reached via mobile phone 678/637-8331.

Thanks, Chris

Chris..

If you want a professional to stop by you can contact Sal at Saltwater City, listed under our sponsors. One thing that might be wrong is your test sets. They have a shelf life and do go bad and give flase readings. I'd take a sample of your water to a LFS and have them check it out. There are severla reefers up in your area so hopefully someone close will be able to stop by and see if they can lend a hand. Good luck!

Barbara,

The fish were less than a year old. I don't believe that age is the issue.

Mark, I think I might contact Sal and I definitely will pick up new test sets just to be sure.

Have you added anything new to the tank? Started using a new chemical to dose with? What are you using to check Salinity and Temp? Sorry about the losses.

Back