reef lighting

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
so i have 3 blackbox led lights below over my tank right now as im starting to get more coral im wondering if thats gonna be enough coverage someone on r2r suggested i add 2 more of those then i saw the Noopsyche K7 Pro II they come with a bracket to hang over the tank and they are inexpensive plus you can ramp them up and down which is a feature i wanted anyway what do you think about maybe 4-5 of those? not really sure how many i would need for a 72x18x28 tank i would prefer not to hang anything from the ceiling if possible

Noopsyche K7 Pro II is the way to go. I’ve been using one of them on my 60 cube. Excellent lighting for the price

on the flip side my experience with black box did not go so well. Two out of three boxes burned out after 3-4months. Blues won’t come on, just while light. In addition to that there is a burning plastic smell coming out from them.

when I will need some more lights for frag tank, I’m going with noops

Just looking at your picture I would say that's not enough light period those lights look too close to the surface of the water and looking at the light spread in the tank it looks like three spotlights meaning the lights don't spread out very far so it looks like several areas of non-coverage the way it set up right nowlooking at your picture I would say that's not enough light period those lights look too close to the surface of the water and looking at the light light spread in the tank it looks like three spotlights meaning the lights don't spread out very far so it looks like several areas of non-coverage the way it set up right now.

4-5 of the goops might work well for you. Are you coming to the meeting tomorrow because I think the sponsor that sells those is going to be there and might be able to help you periodAre you coming to the meeting tomorrow because I think the sponsor that sells those is going to be there and might be able to help you period

Just looking at your picture I would say that's not enough light period those lights look too close to the surface of the water and looking at the light spread in the tank it looks like three spotlights meaning the lights don't spread out very far so it looks like several areas of non-coverage the way it set up right nowlooking at your picture I would say that's not enough light period those lights look too close to the surface of the water and looking at the light light spread in the tank it looks like three spotlights meaning the lights don't spread out very far so it looks like several areas of non-coverage the way it set up right now.

4-5 of the goops might work well for you. Are you coming to the meeting tomorrow because I think the sponsor that sells those is going to be there and might be able to help you periodAre you coming to the meeting tomorrow because I think the sponsor that sells those is going to be there and might be able to help you period
Someone’s using speech to text. Haha.

so i have 3 blackbox led lights below over my tank right now as im starting to get more coral im wondering if thats gonna be enough coverage someone on r2r suggested i add 2 more of those then i saw the Noopsyche K7 Pro II they come with a bracket to hang over the tank and they are inexpensive plus you can ramp them up and down which is a feature i wanted anyway what do you think about maybe 4-5 of those? not really sure how many i would need for a 72x18x28 tank i would prefer not to hang anything from the ceiling if possible

I have 4 of the Noopsyche K7 for a 72" 125g

Yea i figured I put them a little too close to the surface so I think i will go with 4 of those noop pros only problem is I have the three black boxes I have now on a custom stand I built that's drilled to the back of the tank gonna be a pain getting them off but doable

I've never use those particular black boxes but 3 black boxes should be plenty for that tank. If you raise them you should get better coverage. 12-14" is ideal probably.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I've never use those particular black boxes but 3 black boxes should be plenty for that tank. If you raise them you should get better coverage. 12-14" is ideal probably.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
hm now i got a few choices to make lol

i decided im just gonna get 4 of those noop lights and take down my custom stand i built for each light and just sell the blackboxes but ill do it when i get back from my trip to europe next month not in a real rush

Back