Reef Putty / Epoxy ???

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
I have some frags attached to rubble rock that I want to attach to my existing rock structure. It there a product other that super glue I can use? Super glue works for a lot of applications, but if the surfaces dont match well...it doesnt. It would have to be something that could be applied and set under water.

Any such product?
Available locally?

Thanks!

yep....aquamend. its available at homedepot in the super glue area. Its a two part putty epoxy that you mush together and it will harden and bond under water.

jade76;209018 wrote: yep....aquamend. its available at homedepot in the super glue area. Its a two part putty epoxy that you mush together and it will harden and bond under water.

Sweet!
I'm head out then.

Thanks!

My local HD carries the Aquamend...but they are out of stock. It was like $2.97 or something.

There is a HD on every corner. I will try again tommorrow.

Thanks again!

I have to turn my skimmer down when I mount corals. If I dont the collection cup will overflow. Something to do with the chemicals that the epoxy releases while curing I'm sure.

BASSCYN;209091 wrote: I dont understand Doc.
How is that possible?
Its like the oil or whatever else in the epoxy that does make it into the water (that is safe) makes its way to the skimmer and it goes nuts trying to skim it out.. Thats why I always use super glue gel..
Would not matter anyways... My skimmer sucks and I havent even had it on in 3 weeks. Tank is looking rough.. Anyone selling a decent skimmer keep me in mind.. Have to save up for it though... Being unemployed sucks!

johnr2604;209097 wrote: I have to turn my skimmer down when I mount corals. If I dont the collection cup will overflow. Something to do with the chemicals that the epoxy releases while curing I'm sure.

So does the oil or chemical just disapate on its own? How long do you shut your skimmer down?

I dont fully shut it down I just adjust it down. It does subside in a few hours.

Back