Reef Radiance LEDs

Luke, I'm following as well. The new ones are Apex ready. I'm really interested in the results these lights are producing.

I have 2 of the DM-165p+ model. I got them in January and have been very pleased with the results! I don't think i can control them through my apex, but i find the app very easy to use for programming them. I run them for 10 hours a day ramping up and down with a 3 hour peak period, and during the peak period i have a dual t5 fixture that comes on to supplement. I'd be glad to answer any specific questions or you're welcome to come check them out in person!

For Apex compatability, I think they offer an upgrade kit which can be installed by the user or sent in.

BWILLIBY;1031515 wrote: I have 2 of the DM-165p+ model. I got them in January and have been very pleased with the results! I don't think i can control them through my apex, but i find the app very easy to use for programming them. I run them for 10 hours a day ramping up and down with a 3 hour peak period, and during the peak period i have a dual t5 fixture that comes on to supplement. I'd be glad to answer any specific questions or you're welcome to come check them out in person!

Thanks for your experience, what coral do you keep using these lights?

LSU_fishFan;1031542 wrote: Thanks for your experience, what coral do you keep using these lights?
It's a very mixed reef. Acros toward the top, montis, various lps, and zoas. Also a large nem, and a good size maxima clam. Here is an fts i posted a few weeks ago.

6e7e9c301b1bdc77ae5056a6998a56b4.jpg
alt="" />

BWILLIBY;1031552 wrote: It's a very mixed reef. Acros toward the top, montis, various lps, and zoas. Also a large nem, and a good size maxima clam. Here is an fts i posted a few weeks ago.

6e7e9c301b1bdc77ae5056a6998a56b4.jpg
alt="" />

I like the colors of these light. And your corals look great:up:

Bcavalli;1031533 wrote: For Apex compatability, I think they offer an upgrade kit which can be installed by the user or sent in.
Honestly the app makes it so easy to program that i think the apex would make it more complicated. I have everything else running through my apex, but for the lights i just use the app.

LSU_fishFan;1031565 wrote: I like the colors of these light. And your corals look great:up:
Thanks man! I have been very pleased! The only negative i can think of is it took a while to receive them, like 6 weeks, due to production delays at the factory. But i was just upgrading lights so i had some that were adequate already. It would have been much more frustrating if i were starting a new tank and had to wait that long to get lights. But i will say i got regular updates the entire wait time from the owner, Rick, so i appreciated that kind of customer service! All in all, for the price, the power of the lights, and the custom programmability feature, i count it as a great purchase.

Back