Reef Roids Coral Food

kgator

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this coral food? I was going to get some for my tank but wanted to get some opinions first. Anything you can tell me, good or bad, would be helpful. Thanks

I use it. And I know a lot of people with nice tanks are use it. But I have no objective data other than my tank is healthy and my SPS grow good. But that is always a combination of things.

I use it and find it to be the most easily mixed of the powdered coral foods that I use. The other powdered coral foods are use are reef chili & NLS Nutri-cell in addition to a few liquid or frozen coral foods. I feed the powered foods after lights out (around midnight) by rotating the 3 food and this is done daily. Hope that helps

I use a combination of reef roids and a mixed frozen food from rods , also a few drops of phyto . I use a 1/4 teaspoon of RR, a dime size chunk of food and melt it in tank water . Let it sit about 20min and it spot feed everything with pumps off .I leave the pumps off about 10 min then kick them back on . I feed on wed and again Sunday before water change.

Everything seems to react positively . Good growth over the last month or so since starting . Euphyllia,zoas,shrooms,sps everything likes it .

I feed it to a bunch of my corals. My mushrooms LOVE it. It definitely seems to make my coral happy.

Best way to use it is to mix a small amount of salt water so it's very viscous, and feed it to each coral individually with a feeding syringe. Corals get happy and you don't have excess food that won't be eaten.

tagging along... good information.
do you turn the pump and skimmer off, while feeding. if so... how long you keep them in off

I use it and love it but I fell like I’m feeding my hair algea too

My mixed reef tank loves it x2 weekly. Small 1/4 tsp with frozen food and tank water- broadcast feed the entire tank. Also dose with the polyplab booster prior to broadcast feeding.

I use it as well. All the corals seem to respond to it. I've tried some of the other similar foods out there and have less success getting feeding responses.

It works well for most people. I have personally seen it recover a scoly that was almost completely dead by regular feeding it probably reduced the recovery time by almost half. But in some smaller tanks that arnt heavily stocked it can cause a rise in nitrates because of not being utilized before it breaks down in the system just as something to keep in mind

Yes, great food. I use it in combination with Benepets reef food. I leave the pumps on when feeding SPS, they get really great reaction and polyps usually grab the food from the mixed flow. For LPS, I turn off the flow after SPS had a good time to eat. Also gives good time for tentacles to come out and fully extend.

Back