Reef safe?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Reef safe in a reasonable amount?
bd819c8bcbd6f47b4905eff01ca84007.jpg
alt="" />

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

for portable water is good enough, once cured it's fine, i'ved used the same stuff many times.

dasianguy;1095729 wrote: I've never used this before, is it good for cementing rocks together?

Id say you'd need a TON of it to do that.
I use epoxy and super glue gel to connect frags to rock work.

I wouldn't trust it holding up a big structure without using acrylic rods

It might cause your skimmer to go crazy for a bit but it works very well.

I sandwich it between some super glue gel: frag-super glue-water weld-super glue-plug/rock

Don't forget to clamp (or band/zip-tie) whatever you're sculpting before it starts to cure - IME WaterWeld mushrooms more than most two-part molded epoxies and you'll get weak joins that pop loose in the months to come if you don't.

If possible, work with & allow it to cure dry for added strength & to spare your skimmer. And maybe pack some sand/rubble into the surface of the joins if they're clearly visible - seams really never seem to get covered in coraline even though my tank's lousy with the stuff.

But yes, it's rated drinking water safe and I've been using it for years in both my nano & pico tanks.

worked just fine and nothing went nuts.. i just needed to mount a few frags onto the side of the rock

Heres a video from some time way back if anyone who hasn't fragged wants to know how to use this stuff effectively .

showthread.php

SnowManSnow;1095756 wrote: Heres a video from some time way back if anyone who hasn't fragged wants to know how to use this stuff effectively .

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90076&highlight=mount">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90076&highlight=mount</a>[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. Great looking tank in that video!

I'll have to try this technique. So far, I've just been using big gobs of super glue to keep loctite in business ;)

dasianguy;1095768 wrote: Thanks for the advice. Great looking tank in that video!

I'll have to try this technique. So far, I've just been using big gobs of super glue to keep loctite in business ;)

You can put frags upside down w the epoxy and super glue if you wanted ha

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Back