Reefbreeder lights

I have the photon v2+ and love it. Easy to program and everything in the tank is growing well.

@york1 what size tank do you have it on? Was thinking of getting the small one for my waterbox 28.2 that I just got.

I have it on a 90gal bowfront. I have it about 8 inches off the water and run the blue channels at 70% and the red/greens at 10%, whites at 15%.

They are out of the v2 16 for a month or longer...what about the sb lights? You guys have any experience with those either? I have seen a lot on threads about the two brands but was checking about what my local people thought about them. I might end up waiting but if the sb are similar then maybe I will get those.

@USMC Reefer - for some reason I was thinking you have SB Reef Lights, not Reefbreeders

@vols22 - I switched from a Mars Aqua to a basic 18" SB Reef Light recently. Too early to give any constructive feedback though. I also don't have experience with higher end lights for comparison. I'm running mine about 9 inches off the surface of the water at 35% (both blue and white channels, since they moved many of the blue LEDs to the white channel). It seems considerably brighter than the Mars Aqua and definitely outputs a better color spectrum. The UV was a selling feature for me as well.

Looks like I will just get the SB, it's cheaper and seems like it would be plenty for my tank. Thanks for the input all.

It's on the 20 gallon. I have no idea what kind of par I'm getting, but everything looks happy. I have been moving all the LPS to my other tank and making this one a SPS dominate tank.

If I recall correctly, I think you have a mid sized tank. The 18 inch model is newer and has been configured to balance out the channels closer to 50-50, but would probably take a couple for your tank and you would likely have to suspend them. The 32 inch model would probably fit better, but I don't think it has the new layout.

Yeah I got a waterbox 28.2 for frags so the 18 will work. I'm going same direction as you as far as sps frag tank.

I have had 4 of the V2 units, for about 3 years now. I love them and my corals seem to be thriving. I will actually be looking to get 2 more for my new build

I have had 4 of the V2 units, for about 3 years now. I love them and my corals seem to be thriving. I will actually be looking to get 2 more for my new build
Do you have any pics? I was looking at these lights as well. Can't beat the warranty. I have been leaning towards the AI Prime HD but have seen mixed reviews.

@vols22 may be late to the party but I Had one a while and it’s decent for sure. I don’t recollect anyone that actually owned one that didn’t like it,

Thanks @seand I ended up going with the sb18 wifi since it was in stock and reefbreeders wasn't.

Back