reefbreeder photons for sps???

legacyline

Reaction score
im thinking about going with the reef breeder photn 48 over my 90 gal..it will be 100% sps tank and was wondering if any of you have experience with the reefbreeder photon lights? how well are your sps growing? , dying?, not growing?? what optics your using?? and if the color spectrum is good out of the box without arranging the led's?.... any input would be great ..thanks

I have a p48 on my tank , out of the box the light is amazing, I plan on going LPS but have trolled the reefbreeders forum on reef central and sounds like there shouldn't be any problems. Many people there are using them on sps tanks. Again I'm in the beginnings of my tank and can only comment on the out of the box.

I dialed my lights back to 35% max because at 100% it was blinding.

Only personal experience I have is with the value fixtures, but I've seen plenary of tanks running them packed with sps. Pretty sure Adam at battle corals uses them, and he's got some of the sweetest sticks around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Photon 48 over my 120 gallon mixed reef. I get really amazing growth and color without any other supplemental lighting. I removed the 90 degree optics to get a better light spread and probably lose some par as a result.

I've had the photon for about 1.5 years, very pleased the light. I kept the stock optics in but I've considered remove some along the edge. Tanks is mostly monti, acros, and lps.
-Nick

Back