Reefkeeper 2

jhutto

Reaction score
Guys,
Have had a reefkeeper 2 for about a year now and really like the simplistic commands and how it keeps things working. Howver, recently, a couple of the commands have not worked right and I am concerned. I mentioned it to the Reefkeeper support email and really did not get a whole lot back from them. I sent them another mesage yesteday and got no answer so far.

Here is what is happening. On the channel the multi timer does not turn the lights on or off anymore unless you go to always on. Defeats the whole purpose as I want the shimmer early and late and not during the day as I have t-5s. I have had this with other channnels and went in and reset them to get them to work. The multi timer for the lights worked for a couple days and then came down in the am and they would not turn on. Another time they would not turn off. Have had this happen on other channels also in past. Any ideas how to fix rather than resetting each time?

Joe

If the tank temp is always above the high temp cutoff for the lights, they will never come on using the Auto timer control.

jhutto;193169 wrote: Guys,
Have had a reefkeeper 2 for about a year now and really like the simplistic commands and how it keeps things working. Howver, recently, a couple of the commands have not worked right and I am concerned. I mentioned it to the Reefkeeper support email and really did not get a whole lot back from them. I sent them another mesage yesteday and got no answer so far.

Here is what is happening. On the channel the multi timer does not turn the lights on or off anymore unless you go to always on. Defeats the whole purpose as I want the shimmer early and late and not during the day as I have t-5s. I have had this with other channnels and went in and reset them to get them to work. The multi timer for the lights worked for a couple days and then came down in the am and they would not turn on. Another time they would not turn off. Have had this happen on other channels also in past. Any ideas how to fix rather than resetting each time?

Joe

I have had a similar problem. They ahd me pay a $100 deposit for a new module, send mine in, and they refubnd once they examine the unit.

Do not have any halides. I am a t-5 kind of guy. Each of three switches has only 2 54 watt bulbs. Do not think that matters with t-5s...The channel I was having trouble with has the 8 one watt leds on...not much of a power surge.

Joe

Back