Reefkeeper Help

sbmille2

Supporting
Reaction score
I have had the RK Elite for several years now and have been through several maintenance companies and can't seem to find one that really has an understanding of how to properly work and program this piece of equipment. Unfortunately, I've spent a ton of money on this and don't want to just switch and have to redo everything. I have a basic understanding of it enough to keep my tank working properly but would love to see if someone here considers themselves an "expert" and would be able to come take a look at my system and help with the software upgrade, some of the programming and calibrating the temp probe. More then happy to compensate someone for their time either monetarily or with frags. Shoot me a pm if this is something you could help out with. Thanks

no one...... and this is why you shouldn't buy a digital aquatics product! lousy customer service, stupid expensive and no one knows how to work them properly!

I have some experience, but I am no expert. Just wondering... do you have the SID module? The SID is the USB plug which you connect the modules to for updating. I found it very easy to update the modules. I also have the NET module which I think helps. One thing I do agree with you on... it was/is expensive and can be very frustrating. I have found on numerous iccasions the issues i run into are bad bus cables.

I'm not expert either but do have an RKE wired up pretty heavily. I might be able to help some. DA's forum is pretty good to search through. I've never had any problem from their customer service. As far as expensive..nowhere near as expensive as an Apex.

I think BobZ is pretty much the expert here but he's not on much due to work.

Any help would much be appreciated. I have a bunch of "stuff" and just bought a new cable they said I need to do the upgrades. I've looked through the forums and they were helpful but still cant figure a bunch of the upgrade stuff.

sbmille2;1031022 wrote: Any help would much be appreciated. I have a bunch of "stuff" and just bought a new cable they said I need to do the upgrades. I've looked through the forums and they were helpful but still cant figure a bunch of the upgrade stuff.

Unfortunately, I'm unavailable for at least the next two weeks.

Back