Reefkeeper Net module and wireless connectivity

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
Well I dumped Comcast after 3 weeks. They suck! I went back to AT&T but the problem for me is that everything they use now is wireless. The head unit is on the opposite side of the house from my tank so I'm wondering if there is a way to wireless network my RK Net module to the AT&T wireless module.

For those that have...I'd like to hear good and bad.

Tagging along ... I could not get it to work. I bought a wireless gaming adapter but could never get it to talk to the att gateway router. I am sure it was just a bad setting but could not figure it out. I went out and bought a 50 foot cable.

Your best bet is a powerline adapter. I have used the netgear models with much success. But this TP Link will probably work just fine at half of the cost. The only time I've seen these not work is if the house is very large or the electrical wiring is old.

ref=sr_1_1

porpoiseaquatics;962088 wrote: So how would that connect to the wireless modem? It's password protected so you have to enter a password to connect.

I think this diagram explains it best. Its actually hardwired to the router through the electrical lines that already run through your house. In the diagram just replace game console with reef keeper or apex, Etc.

powerline-lan-adapter-network-diagram.jpg
>http://teleguru.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/powerline-lan-adapter-network-diagram.jpg</a>

Another suggestion would be to add a wifi extender to your existing wireless network. Just install the extender next to your RK.

Back