Reefkeeper SL1 bad?

huskerreefatl

Market
Reaction score
For those of you that have a Reefkeeper, I have a question. I have a RKE and my PH measurements have been acting odd, so changing a lot and ridiculous numbers so I double checked them with tests and a hand held tester (ecotester 2) and the PH is stable and doesn't match RKE. I have two DA PH probes so I have tried both and re-calibrated twice...no change. So then I ordered a Pinpoint PH probe, added it, and calibrated and it is stable but showing low numbers (when I put it in the 7 and 10 calibration fluid, it is right on the money). I have a Seneye that was in a different tank so I added it to this tank and it shows the PH steady at 8.2 but the RKE shows the PH at 7.9. Is the SL1 bad?

The temp on the RKE is right on the money though...double checked through the Seneye and my digital temp so the temp probe works fine.

Thanks,
Carl

Carl....I don't remember exactly but I think you can recalibrate the SL1. With the new probe is it reading consistently, just low or is it still bouncing all over the place? Is the input on the SL1 corroded at all? If it is, that will lead to erratic numbers.

Hi, yes. It consistently sits on 7.9 now. I will research calibrating the sl1. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

porpoiseaquatics;1065456 wrote: Carl....I don't remember exactly but I think you can recalibrate the SL1. With the new probe is it reading consistently, just low or is it still bouncing all over the place? Is the input on the SL1 corroded at all? If it is, that will lead to erratic numbers.

I don't see where to calibrate the SL1 but you can run diagnostics which basically just let you reset the module. So I did that and then had to recalibrate the probe but still no luck. It is consistently low about 2.1. I have ordered another probe and returning the Pinpoint probe. I am going to try the Neptune probe to see if it works better and it is about half the price of the DA PH probe. When the Pinpoint probe arrived, it had a cap on it but most of the liquid had drained out so I wonder if the probe is bad. We will see. If the Neptune probe doesn't show the correct PH, then there has to be something fishy going on with the SL1.

reefstinger;1065832 wrote: yep, sounds like a calibration of the probe is in need
I did it twice. I calibrated the DA probes twice and it didn't work and then the pinpoint probe. We will see what happens when the Neptune probe arrives.

Okay. I think that it has to be the SL1. I ordered another PH probe, a Neptune, installed and calibrated it and it is consistently 0.2 low. My PH is 8.2 on my tester and the Seneye but the RKE says 7.99. So I guess that I will order another SL1. It is odd that the temp is right on the money.

I think that you can use any probe as long as it has the right connection. At least, that was my thought but maybe i am wrong. It runs fine. ...just 0.2 low.

Back