reeflink or WXM?

matt7

Market
Reaction score
I have both currently, but want to see which one you guys think is better. I'll be running radions and vortechs (2, maybe 4 radions, and 4 vortechs). Would love some opinions!

In our experience use the reef link. But I'm sure you will get mixed answers on this. Both ways should work fine.

I'm not familiar with reeflink but I assume it does not connect with your Apex? If that's the case, to me it would come down to using two different programs to set up and monitor your equipment.

I don't have any experience with the apex, but would recommend the reeflink.

HiImSean;1102390 wrote: I'm not familiar with reeflink but I assume it does not connect with your Apex? If that's the case, to me it would come down to using two different programs to set up and monitor your equipment.

Sean makes a good point. Depends on if you want all of your equipment on one controller. You could just run everything through APEX and not have to switch between programs.

But if you are asking which one is better as far as connectivity I would have to say reeflink all the way... makes sense though because it is a Ecotech product made to be used with other Ecotech product.

It may actually be easier to use the reeflink then because my tank will be on one side of the wall and the apex in my sump room. That way I could have the radions and vortechs plugged in on the DT side of the wall and not have to worry about putting extra cords through the wall... is the reeflink wireless connectivity? haven't had a chance to open up the box/learn anything about it yet

Hey Matt, FWIW I switched from WXM to Reef-link. Much happier w/Reef-link. And yes, it is wireless controlled via EcoSmart Live.

I have both and liked using the reeflink to control my lights but used the wxm to control my vortechs. I had the pumps pulse a couple times to distribute food across my tank and go to its lowest speed/or stop then after 10 minutes go to nutrient transport. What was nice was I could add subtract program feedings from autofeeder and the pumps would follow suit. I have the code available if interested. I wish the WXM gave the same lighting templates and acclimation that the Reef link provides.

Back