Reeflux, XM, or IceCap 250W DE 20K bulbs?

oz

Market
Reaction score
I am considering switching from my Phoenix 14k's to a 20K bulb. I have the Maristar Fixture w/ actinic supplements with MH's pushed by Icecap ballasts.

Heard good things about the Reeflux but in looking at the Sanjay bulb comparisons, the XM and Icecap lamps look like the produce a more intense light by far.

Yeah, too bad Radium doesn't make a 250w DE 20K bulb.

I haven't seen much info at all regarding the Icecap lamps, anyone have experience with them?

I picked up 3 Reeflux 20k 250w DE bulbs from the new store (Atlanta Reef) today. I'll take Phoenix 14k par measurements and then put the Reeflux in tomorrow.

Of the three, XM, Reeflux and Ushio, which will have the most blue and 'pop'?
I just changed from coralife 10k's to Phoenix 14K's, and they are better but not blue enough for me.

I have only seen the xm's in person and daddy likey. No change in growth in sps, but it did cut down the algae blooms.

Wow - Alan at Atlanta Reef had 250W 20k Reeflux bulbs at a great price and after 1 little bulb issue, the 20ks went in. The color is awesome. Not as bright as the Phoenix 14ks but looks great. Corals seem very happy as well.

They have been on for about 40hrs so far, still burning in. I have the Phoenix 14k (old bulbs) par numbers from last week and will take some measurements today with the Reeflux for sharing.

As long as the corals are happy and continue to grow, I am very pleased with the 20ks.

I have the XM's on the way. The 14K Phoenix really browned out a lot of stuff I just added, coming from someone with 400W 20K's probably had something to do with it.
After hunting all over to finally find the DE lamps, I may well change to mogul bases and go that route next time.
It appears there are more mogul style bulbs available than DE's.

Back