ReefPi Build Thread (aka im bored cause of covid-19)

Also, this is everything I've ordered so far
Raspberry Pi Zero W starter kit from amazon ( CLICK )
Mini Breadboard ( CLICK )
Female/Male Extension ( CLICK )
Resistors ( CLICK )
The main things I'm looking to do with this system is help with the ULM style of tank I'm going to be doing. So this will function as a ato, temp manager, auto water changer, etc. @Primereddime I dont know if im allowed to mention other forums buts R2R has a great thread going on this with aton of tips and links to helpful lists of parts need, how to install, available add ons etc. And im definetly not a expert on this stuff

I've been digging for a while if love to have an Apex just not ever going to have the budget for it robotank makes a nice setup for the reefpi about 150 for the power bar and everything setup in a case with minimal wiring. It even has PWM for lighting control. Not bad for the money really not to mentioned the relayed power bar with no wires inside so less chance for problems. Im still not sure which way to go. Im really just wanting a pH and salinity probe if I could find an affordable option for that I'd be happy. I just got an inkbird 308 wifi for heating and cooling so if I had just a few sensors I'd be good

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'm currently running 2 of them

Because of the isolation requirements salinity & PH circuits are the most expensive things and in reality you don't need either one.

it can do pretty much anything any other controller can do. There are some nuances here and there but it's a wonderful option for a controller.

I'm absolutely no expert and there are members here that are much better at IOT electronics and programming than I am - if I can, I'm happy to try to answer any questions you may encounter during your build

I'm currently running 2 of them

Because of the isolation requirements salinity & PH circuits are the most expensive things and in reality you don't need either one.

it can do pretty much anything any other controller can do. There are some nuances here and there but it's a wonderful option for a controller.

I'm absolutely no expert and there are members here that are much better at IOT electronics and programming than I am - if I can, I'm happy to try to answer any questions you may encounter during your build
Thanks I appreciate that!

So far the pi zero and the breadboard has arrived. I assembled the raspberry pi zero w and installed raspbian using raspi-imager (<click) After I installed raspbian I set up the wifi connection and ssh using this article and the instructions linked in the article click-here-for-article this same article shows you how to install reef-pi and it also links to the other tutorials. I'm now going to look at what parts I need to order for the reef pi power controller. When I order I will link them here again. CLICK-HERE-FOR-HOW-TO-SETUP-POWER-CONTROLLER

Back