Reflector article

jmaneyapanda

Sponsor
Reaction score
There is a reflector article on this months issue of Reefkeeping Magazine on the mother of all reflectors, the lumenbright. Reading through it, and I'm like "man, that tank looks familiar." Lo and behold, it is Glxtrix's tank!!! Congrats dude. Can I get your autograph?!

a>

And like that my tank is known world wide....pretty cool :) I kind of wish they showed the PAR values at the height I have my reflectors at instead of at the 14" height. Oh well. It's a great article and I'm proud that I was a part of it.

What makes it really neat is (at the time) I was the only person running 175's in these reflectors. I still might be, but hopefully this will open up some minds and people will run them as well.

Congrats Lee, You are my Hero!!!!

Good catch on the BB though Barbra. Funny how they cut that out to save face for the tank!!

Its actually the same pic I've posted here:

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15714">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15714</a>

There is nothing else down there, the stands ledge is right there that I cropped out.

Ah, I think we now have a guest speaker for July's meeting.

well never be able to convince him to go to a sand bed. i think even if his corals formed a sign that said we want sand he still wouldnt give it to them

glix - what height do you have your bulbs at?

12" from bulb to surface of water. I mean, I'm not going to lie....I like the look of sand, there was nothing better than my 55 loaded with southdown. BUT, I personally think BB is a better way to run my tank. Do what works for you...just reef already!!!

glxtrix;186771 wrote: Its actually the same pic I've posted here:

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15714">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15714</a>

There is nothing else down there, the stands ledge is right there that I cropped out.[/QUOTE]

justify justify justify....

All joking aside (althought his thread is not about BB vs. DSB), I have recently seen in person or photos three BB from members that are phenomonal (Lee's being one of them). While, I personally could not ever stomach the look of it, it is a very smart operating premise (especially with a remote DSB). I dont particularly agree that DSb are any worse or maore dnagerous (especially if the aquarium setup is well though out and proper), but to each, their own. I just wont ever have a BB because I hate the looks.

So there.

Xyzpdq0121;186844 wrote: Lee, We are just giving you a hard time...
Lee, watch out, I dont think you want Brandon giving you hard things...:yuk:

jmaneyapanda;186848 wrote: justify justify justify....

All joking aside (althought his thread is not about BB vs. DSB), I have recently seen in person or photos three BB from members that are phenomonal (Lee's being one of them). While, I personally could not ever stomach the look of it, it is a very smart operating premise (especially with a remote DSB). I dont particularly agree that DSb are any worse or maore dnagerous (especially if the aquarium setup is well though out and proper), but to each, their own. I just wont ever have a BB because I hate the looks.

So there.

BTW, the other two tanks I was thinking of are Alans and Keiths. Jealousy doesnt suit me.

glxtrix;186765 wrote: What makes it really neat is (at the time) I was the only person running 175's in these reflectors. I still might be, but hopefully this will open up some minds and people will run them as well.

Hey now! I've been running that same combo over my frag tank for a couple months now! :)

but to each, their own. I just wont ever have a BB because I hate the looks.

:cheers:

Oh yeah, thats right....sorry Chris. Hope what I've suggested to you is still working out. Yeah I'm not too worried about people giving me a hard time Brandon, I'm one of the few on here who could care less. I'm all about reefing, not the politics. At any rate, one of these weekends coming up will be a frag poker at my place. I'll inform all once its ready.

glxtrix;186868 wrote: Oh yeah, thats right....sorry Chris. Hope what I've suggested to you is still working out. Yeah I'm not too worried about people giving me a hard time Brandon, I'm one of the few on here who could care less. I'm all about reefing, not the politics. At any rate, one of these weekends coming up will be a frag poker at my place. I'll inform all once its ready.
leave your sand at the door.

Yeah, I'd put yours at 16" bulb to surface of water. You'll be amazed! Not only will your tank run cooler, but you'll get better light spread :)

Back